##plugins.themes.bootstrap3.article.main##

Jarmani Jarmani

Abstract

Adolescents are increasingly confronted with emotional issues, demanding a solution such as adolescent emotional intelligence development. Traditional Indonesian music, notably Javanese gamelan, can help adolescents develop emotional intelligence. People who follow a set of rules and limits undertake Javanese gamelan exercises. When practicing gamelan, the individual must hit his gamelan tool and listen to the gamelan played by his colleagues in the gamelan group to generate a harmonic gamelan sound. The study's findings revealed a link between the severity of Javanese gamelan music training and emotional intelligence, with the higher the intensity of Javanese gamelan music training, the higher the emotional intelligence. The intensity variable of Javanese gamelan music training can contribute 30.25 percent to the emotional intelligence variable. In contrast, the remaining 69.75 percent is influenced by elements other than the intensity variable of Javanese gamelan music training. Beyond the intensity variables of Javanese gamelan music training, the family, non-family, physical, and psychological environments all have a role.

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.

##plugins.themes.bootstrap3.article.details##

How to Cite
Jarmani, J. (2022). The Effect of Learning Gamelan Art on Emotional Intelligence . International Journal on Social Science, Economics and Art, 12(1), 39–45. https://doi.org/10.35335/ijosea.v12i1.65
References
Akdon, R. &. (2010). Rumus dan data dalam analisis statistika. Alfabeta.
Aribawa, K. (2018). Pengembangan Aplikasi Game Musik Tradisional Bali Megamelan Berbasis Multiplatform. Jurnal Teknologi Informasi Dan Ilmu Komputer, 5(1), 7. https://doi.org/10.25126/jtiik.201851493
Arikunto. (2006). Prosedur penelitian suatu pendekatan praktek. Rineka Cipta.
Azwar, S. (2010). Penyusunan skala psikologi. Pustaka Pelajar.
Djohan. (2010). Respons emosi musikal. Lubuk Agung.
Ediyono, S., Budi, S., & Widodo, S. T. (2019). The Potentials of Gamelan as Education Tourism Media in Surakarta. 279(Icalc 2018), 95–102. https://doi.org/10.2991/icalc-18.2019.15
Elliott, D. J. (2010). Praxial Music Education. In Praxial Music Education. https://doi.org/10.1093/acprof:oso/9780195385076.001.0001
Geraldina, A. M. (2017). Terapi Musik: Bebas Budaya atau Terikat Budaya? Buletin Psikologi, 25(1), 45–53. https://doi.org/10.22146/buletinpsikologi.27193
Hallan, S. (2006). Music Psichology in Education. Bedford Way Papers.
Harris, M. (2009). Music AND THE Young Mind Enhancing Brain Development and Engaging Learning.
Hartono. (2012). Perkembangan Estetika Musikal Seni Karawitan Jawa Dan Pengaruhnya Terhadap Masyarakat Pendukungnya. Media Seni Dan Desain, 1(1), 25.
Iswantoro, G. (2017). Traditional Gamelan Java Art Music As Indonesian Cultural Feasibility. Jurnal Sains Terapan Pariwisata, 3(1), 129–143.
Priyatno, D. (2008). Mandiri belajar SPSS. Mediakom.
Rohidi, R. (2011). Metodologi Penelitian Seni. Cipta Prima Nusantara.
Shaleha, R. R. A. (2019). Do Re Mi: Psikologi, Musik, dan Budaya. Buletin Psikologi, 27(1), 43. https://doi.org/10.22146/buletinpsikologi.37152
Sunarya, A., I, G. G. H., & Foley, K. (2001). The Origin of Kala: A Sundanese Wayang Golek Purwa Play by Abah Sunarya and Gamelan Giri Harja I. In Asian Theatre Journal (Vol. 18, Issue 1, pp. 1–58). Project Muse. https://doi.org/10.1353/atj.2001.0002
Syukriyyah, J. A.-, & Rivana, A. (n.d.). Pentingnya kecerdasan emosional pendidik dalam meningkatkan pendidikan karakter. 20, 70–84.
Teguh, T. (2017). Ladrang Sobrang Laras Slendro Patet Nem. Resital: Jurnal Seni Pertunjukan, 18(2), 103–112. https://doi.org/10.24821/resital.v18i2.2447
Testamentyas, H., Saputra, M. B. G., & Aji, I. W. D. (2018). Pengaruh Psikologis Mendengarkan Musik Bagi Pengendara Mobil Di Surabaya. Prosiding Semnas PPM 2018, 1(1), 1490–1497.
Untari, D. T. (2018). Buku Ajar Metodologi Penelitian. Pena Persada, Banyumas, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia, 186. www.penapersada.com
Yanti, D. A., Sitepu, A. L., Sitepu, K., Pitriani, & Purba, W. N. B. (2020). Efektivitas Terapi Musik Terhadap Penurunan Tingkat Halusinasi Pendengaran pada Pasien Ganguan Jiwa di Rumah Sakit Jiwa Prof. Dr. M. Ildrem. Jurnal Keperawatan Dan Fisioterapi (JKF), 3(1), 125–131.
Yusli, U. D., & Rachma, N. (2018). Pengaruh Pemberian Terapi Musik Gamelan Jawa terhadap Tingkat Kecemasan Lansia di Rumah Pelayanan Sosial Lanjut Usia Pucang Gading Semarang. Jurnal Perawat Indonesia, 3(1), 72–78